For those who haven’t heard, Texas is ablaze tonight. It’s a good night for staying in and listening to some music.
And a good night for another playlist.
Okay, so I broke out of the mold this time. Last time, my list resembled the American Top 40 Countdown. This time, there are no hit songs. I think this is easily the most emo playlist I’ve compiled to date. And by “emo,” I mean awesome.
So here is my latest compilation, “The Kindling.”
1. The Ballad Of Mona Lisa – Panic! At The Disco
This “picturesque” song timestamps the list.
2. Ruined Everything – Automatic Black
Don’t you just hate it when that happens??
3. Left With Alibis and Lying Eyes – Emery
Just another day at the DA’s office . . .
4. Awake And Alive – Skillet
A tautological song — or is it?
5. Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt – We Are Scientists
Another day at the bank . . .
6. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows – Brand New
Gotta love these emo songs and their titles.
7. The Good Left Undone – Rise Against
This might just be my favorite song on the list. Very cathartic.
8. Suffocated – Orianthi
Remember to breathe when listening to this one.
9. You Got Me – VHS Or BETA
That guy’s voice is amazing.
10. The Shake (Awful Feeling) – My American Heart
Not to be confused with The Shimmy, which feels good.
11. Make It Stop (September’s Children) – Rise Against
A choir swaying alongside blaring guitars? Play it on repeat.
12. Rules Don’t Stop Me – We Are Scientists
But men in uniforms with night sticks do.
13. Everything Your Breathing For – Parlor Mob
Is it just me or does that sound like Jack White?
14. Blueside – Rooney
So mellow . . . and relaxing . . . *yawn*
15. Ghosts – Dexter Freebish
This song will haunt you.
16. All Good Things (Come To An End) – Nelly Furtado
What a fitting song to end with! I couldn’t resist.